Our business law attorneys offer assistance with preparing business inception documents, and negotiating and drafting a wide range of business agreements.
With the ever evolving business environment our business law professionals strive to understand the nuances of each client’s unique needs and work to develop long-standing relationships.
Corporate governance broadly refers to the system of rules, processes, and relations by which business entities, such as corporations and limited liability companies, are controlled and directed. Corporate governance trends and best practices have evolved rapidly since the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act enacted in 2010 and influence all types of businesses, whether large or small.
Our corporate law attorneys also have broad experience assisting and advising a variety of clients ranging from startup companies to well-established businesses on corporate law, compliance and government matters. We are also proud to have one of Hawai‘i’s largest non-profits practice representing a broad range of organizations including hospitals, educational and research institutions, social service agencies and foundations.
- Business Law
- Governance Matters
- Potential Liabilities of members of the board of directors
- Formation of new entities and subsidiaries
- Business contracts and transactions
- Compliance with business entity law and formalities
- Filings with the Hawai‘i State Department of Commerce and Consumer AffairsBoard and Board Committee Structure, Composition, and Operations
- Conflict of Interest and Independence Issues
- Compliance with Laws and Regulations Applicable to Business Operations and Organizations
- Governance Documents, such as Articles of Incorporation or Organization, Limited Liability or Operating Agreements, Bylaws, Board of Director Meeting Minutes and Resolutions, and Board Committee Charters
- Fiduciary Duties and Role of Independent Directors and Board Chair
- Independent or Special Counsel to Boards of Directors or Board Committees
- Internal Investigations
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Reorganizations
- Performance of or Assistance with General Counsel and Corporate Secretary functions As Needed
- Purchase and Sale Agreements
- Shareholder, Partner, and Limited Liability Company Member Relations
- Food and Beverage Wholesale
- Real Estate Development
- Social Service Agencies
- Non-Profit Entity Formation
- Business and Commercial Contracts and Licensing Agreements
- Business Entity Selection, Formation, and Exit Strategies
- Non-Profit Operations and Governance
- Research Institutions
- Public Education